Saturday, July 23, 2011

Flamingos Everywhere V

If you look closely, you can see that I back-stitched around the peach flamingo's head where it touched the orange wing of the yellow flamingo.  I used 2-ply of the darker peach Splendor. 

The wing of the blue flamingo is stitched in the Diagonal Scotch stitch.  The cheek was done in a Cashmere stitch.

The smaller flamingos require more thought since many stitches are too large to establish a pattern in the small areas provided by the blue and tiny pink flamingos' necks and bodies.  I think the Knotted stitch fit well on the body of the blue flamingo.  As someone at the shop remarked, it isn't a stitch to do over a large area as it moves slowly.  But it does provide a nice effect.

The remainder of my free time was devoted to more stitching on the sky and sand.  I plan to wrap this up next week, so think positive thoughts about rapid stitching. 

Here's my progress so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment