Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hearts, V

This shows the progress I have made on the hearts project.  This is now my shop stitching, but I haven't had much time to devote to it because of "the season".  However, if you look closely you can see another cause of my lack of progress. I had started the slanted gobelin in white outside the row of hearts, but I stalled because I thought something was lacking.  I started stitching the black behind the hearts, thinking that would help.  It did, but only in that it caused me to rip the white out.  I am in the process of replacing it with the slanted gobelin in the black silk lame braid.  I like it better.
I also plan to add another outer border or two, but that will be for another week (or month).

1 comment:

  1. The black is a nice contrast behind the hearts in the border--too bad about the frogging. May the rest go smoothly!