Well, periodically Blogger slaps you just to remind you who's in charge. I had just completed this entry when it disappeared. Ugh!
This week I have put the stocking on a frame. I've discovered a new favorite stitch--slanted gobelin over 2 threads accompanied by a single row of continental. I've used it for the background as well as for one of the stockings, the houses, and the candles. Diagonal mosaic is the stitch of choice for the stars, both on the miniature trees and the stars in the flower pots. I've used French knots for the ornaments on the miniature trees. Another of the stockings is done in checkerboard Scotch stitch. The stitching is done in impressions, DMC perle 5 and Balger metallic #12.