Saturday, November 4, 2017

No more bare walls

Slowly things at Needle Nicely are returning to normal.  Mary Agnes' foot is now "open to air" which means no more bandaging.  And she is almost walking instead of hobbling.  Hooray!  We only have another 3 weeks of hurricane season, so we are starting to relax.  But I'm still waiting until December 1 to order the new air handler for the roof. 

Macy put up canvases on the walls this week.  One of my favorite designers is Jennifer Tan of Pippin
Designs.
 I discovered some doorstop canvases, so Macy rearranged the canvases as they were shown below.



Someone, upon seeing the Halloween section, commented that I had obviously forgotten that Halloween was over for the year.  And I retorted that many of our Halloween canvases would require the next year to complete the stitching.  Nothing like a head-start!  I must admit that I was surprised
at how many witches and such Needle Nicely has in stock.

The next wall section is devoted to wild animals.  They're always interesting to look at.  Notice that mixed in are some oldies but goodies.


On the opposite wall, I went with landscapes.  These canvases are rarely noticed, which is a shame since they are very attractive.


2 comments:

  1. Looking good, Mary Agnes! Glad to see the walls filling up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog and have enjoyed reading your thoughts about life and needlepoint. I am very curious about a canvas in the next-to-last photo of this post: the city and water canvas in the bottom-center of the photo. Would it happen to be a rendering of Hamilton, Bermuda? Thanks for your help, Lauren
    laurenkennedysmith at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete