Saturday, December 2, 2017

Starting the Kimono outline

After I cut the recommended piece of 18-mesh canvas, I found the top center.  I also found the top center stitch of the kimono outline.  I am stitching the outline before I do any of the pattern stitches.  I am stitching the outline "in hand", but will transfer to stretcher bars when I start the pattern stitches.

This is my current status.  If you look closely, you can see the enlarged holes in the canvas indicating 10s. You can also see where I have inserted the needle to mark where I left out one section along the top.  I was wondering why I had so much canvas remaining on the left side of the design.  To my regret, I discovered the reason.  Just think of me ripping out and perhaps rethinking my stitching strategy.  Sigh! 



No comments:

Post a Comment