Wednesday, May 6, 2015

My stitching plans for the summer

I have lots of WIP (works in progress) that I am determined to finish this summer.  So my plan is to alternate stitching on these projects.  To keep my interest up, I'm allowed to add new projects, but only one at a time and it must be completed before another is added.

These are the projects I will be focusing on:

1.  Two-sided Clara Wells purse (2 pieces)
 As I stitch, I am trying to keep progress on both pieces about equal so that I can finish simultaneously and not have all of one side yet to stitch when the first is finished.

2.  Silent night
This is a perfect example of my old belief about myself--I will not finish the background if I do all the design first.  I don't know why I kept stitching on that border--I guess the  devil made me do it.  No matter, it definitely killed my interest in stitching the white interior.  Never fear, I plan to soldier on and stitch it this summer

3.  Christmas tree on red (2 pieces) by Susan Roberts
I stopped stitching on this piece of the Susan Roberts tree because I had run out of the neon rays.
I think this was collateral damage since I know I have always had the fiber for the circles.  Any excuse to start a new canvas, I suppose.

4.  MRC monogram with hound's tooth background by Associated Talents
This is a recent start that I started and that Macy then stitched on before she went North for the summer.  The magnet is a frog "Big Buddy" because Macy thinks the hound's tooth pattern looks like a frog.  And you'll notice that I had to "Lilly" up the colors!

5.  JP "brick" bag
This is my basted canvas.  I really had just started stitching this when something else caught my eye.

6.  The Studio purse, oldest WIP
I got busy today and didn't unearth this project for its photo opportunity.  I'll do that tomorrow and add it here.
EDIT:
This is a tri-fold purse; the "wings" on the left are the gusset.  Obviously I have a fixation on black and gold or silver for evening purses.

I've already started stitching again on the Clara Wells purse.  I just love the durability of wool.

3 comments:

  1. I like the looks of the JP brick bag, but there's a lot of black in that :( The Clara Wells purse is so pretty and classic, I'm glad you're getting back to working on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all breathe a sigh of understanding and sympathy with having WIPs... and a roaming eye for new things to start! So many projects, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all breathe a sigh of understanding and sympathy with having WIPs... and a roaming eye for new things to start! So many projects, so little time!

    ReplyDelete