Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Be Merry, 4

I'm still stitching some on the background; and in tandem with my progress there, I am stitching on the woven stitch on the Y.  As I continue stitching on the stripes along the bottom, I am contemplating things I can do the peppermint stick that divides the top lettering from the bottom stripes.  Time will tell what I decide.

The aqua stripe is stitched in cashmere stitch over 3, separated by continental stitches.  Then comes a row of continental in lavender.  Next comes a pale green row of the fern stitch.  The royal blue is a variation of the ribbon stitch (over 2, over 3, over 2, over 3...).  Then we start the repeat of the patterns with a Victorian step stitch.  I really like how this looks with all the pattern stitches done in silk lame braid 18.

1 comment: