Saturday, May 14, 2016

Noel, IX

I've reached the stage in this canvas where I feel like I'm treading water, stitching a little on the ribbons and a little on the background.  Progress that only one who scrutinizes the canvas will notice.
 I also finished the orange/yellow "floral" (thank you, Anna!) in petite sparkle rays.  The flower pattern is so obvious to me now.   I've decided that I much prefer stitching with silk lame braid.  Laying that ribbon gets tedious and I have a massive knot of orange on the back that I couldn't unravel, so just left it since it doesn't affect the look of the front.   NOTE:  Constantly check the back of your work when you are stitching with a ribbon-type fiber.
And in this close-up, you can see that I also started the noel ornament.  I'm using Balger metallic #16 for both colors.  If you look closely, you can see that the purple is a multi-color.  I couldn't think of a small stitch that wouldn't drive me crazier, so I stuck with basketweave.

I keep looking at the dark blue ornament on the left side of the canvas that I have already stitched.  It is just too dark for my "eye", so I can see some frogging in my future.  That demonstrates the drawbacks in trying to use your stash--sometimes you compromise on a color and you later regret it.
I don't want to look at this pillow in future years and kick myself.

1 comment:

  1. I don't see a problem with the dark blue ornament on the left. It's a contrast color, unlike the others, but it seems to blend well with all the ones you've done so far. And you've made great progress with the woven stitch in the background. You're doing just fine--keep at it!

    ReplyDelete