Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hearts II

I was stitching blithely along, in a zone, when all of a sudden I realized that because I intend to add borders to the outside of this design, I needed to change the bottom row of Scotch stitches.  Border pattern stitches are usually divisible by 2 or 3--that odd 1 row was going to throw everything off.
If you look closely at the middle of the bottom, you'll see one white Scotch stitch sticking out like a sore thumb.  I have already done the white and black "ones" so I will just go back and overstitch them.  I'm glad I thought of this now. 

The middle heart is being stitched in the diagonal Hungarian ground.  Again this week I'll take this to the shop to fill in more of the black Scotch stitches.


I've been quietly concerned about my shop employees.  Helen who has worked for me for over 22 years retired this summer--in fact, I've known her longer than I have my husband!  Then, Adele who has worked for NN for 3 years decided she needed to move North to be closer to family.  She's had several health scares in the last 2 years.  So it was Marcia and myself against the needlepoint world.  I didn't want to advertise because people see an ad and come out of the woodwork, not realizing what sort of shop this is.  My  husband has kept telling me, "someone will come in".  And dang if he wasn't right.  Macy, who worked for us 23 years ago and left to work in banking so she could have benefits, is back in the area and is going to work 2 or 3 days a week.  Looks like I have good karma!

Of course, as they say, a new broom and all that.  She attacked my box collection this week and I had a trunkful of broken down boxes to take home for recycling and a bag of peanuts (or as a friend of mine says, ghost poop) to drop off today at one of the local pack 'n ships.  I haven't told Macy that new boxes are due to arrive en masse the end of this month as the new canvases start arriving.  That will be our little secret.

1 comment:

  1. You're making good progress, Mary Agnes--I like the look of black and white with red all over!

    ReplyDelete