Outside the green border, I stitched two rows of slanted gobelin over two threads using silk 'n ivory. I didn't finish this, since I can work on it while I stitch the interior of the design and I know I have plenty of the fiber in the same dye lot.
I next did the white inner border row in continental stitch using silk 'n ivory. Then I did the fretwork green border (Balger metallic) in slanted gobelin and continental stitch depending on the design
Now it was time for the white background. That I decided to do in nobuko stitch in silk 'n ivory.
I'm not doing the snowflakes or lettering until I have completed the background around that area. You can see where I have stitched the largest snowflake in red Balger metallic #16.
The 10mesh version is just whizzing along. This one is taking longer and that background looms large!