Thursday, August 8, 2013

Oops! Starfish garland, really finished

I had customers in the shop last week when I unpacked my finished starfish.  They immediately wanted to take a class on stitching their own.  In the confusion of on the spot fiber pulling, chart writing, and canvas outline drawing,  I hastily slipped the needlepoint starfish on my cording.  It wasn't until about 10pm last night, that I had an "aha" moment where I remembered the real starfish I had purchased to include on the garland.

Today I wrapped fishing line around the starfish  to allow me a holder through which I could slip my cording.
Here is the finished-finished garland in all its glory!  Now to hang it over the doorway out of harm's way.
Now that's a nice looking garland!

3 comments:

  1. That IS a nice looking garland! And it's given me an idea for a series of Christmas ornaments I've been deciding what to do with--they're too big and heavy for the Fraser firs we usually get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you post a picture on your blog so we can all see and marvel. Thanks, Ann. Mary Agnes

      Delete