Saturday, June 28, 2014

5" tree, VIII

This past week I've been stitching a little here, a little there, on different pieces of the Susan Roberts 5" tree.  My progress is stymied on this one because I have run out of the Neon Rays necessary to complete the section.  I own a needlepoint shop; I always order fibers for MY projects; how could this happen?  Obviously I kitted trees for other people.  Now that I think about it, that's what I'm in business for so I guess I should stop whining and wait for my new fiber order to arrive.  Of course, I also make sure my customers buy enough for a project when they start out.  I can't seem to grasp that concept on my own stitching!!






I've been "edging" my way toward the massive compensation nightmare on this section.  This will be my project of choice tomorrow afternoon while I watch golf.  I really discovered today that I can't watch Rafa play tennis and stitch--at least not in the correct holes!!




I've started the "first pass" of the Woven Hungarian on this section.  I did have to remind myself on that 3rd row from the top to not just jump across the open area to the bottom right--that will be cut out by the finisher and I don't want my thread to be severed and come undone on the front.  You can see the shadow of my thread where I jumped down to the next row to catch my thread and then go back up to the edge to complete that row. 

No comments:

Post a Comment