Saturday, September 19, 2015

Shop stitching, RUSH job 5

My progress seems to be at a snail's pace this week.  I made several stitch decisions.  The red ribbon garland on the tree is stitched in the woven stitch using DMC perle #5.  I'm simplifying the shading because my customer wanted the entire design to be "brighter".  I've started the top angel, using slanted gobelin using Balger metallic for the wings and the halo is continental. DMC perle #5 is stitched in diagonal mosaic for the dress and cap of the angel.

The snowman stocking cuff and toe are done in the Byzantine mosaic using DMC perle #5.  The background of the stocking is alternate rows of slanted gobelin and continental.  The Snowman is stitched in the diagonal mosaic using Balger metallic.  The snowman's scarf is slanted gobelin in Balger metallic.  Black impressions French knots are his pieces of coal.

1 comment:

  1. Up close, it twinkles nicely, Mary Agnes! So far, so good! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete