Saturday, June 17, 2017

Data Pro Inventory Program

Over 25 years ago, Needle Nicely purchased an IBM computer with a dot matrix printer.  We hired a computer guru from Palm Beach to install an inventory program.  He selected one from Data Pro in Tampa.  We are still using that program today.  About 15 years ago, Data Pro started charging a yearly licensing fee.  They were shocked to find out that Needle Nicely had the first version of the accounting program.  We have long since replaced both the computer and printer for HP products.

I have difficulty with the technicalities of dealing with a computer--so when June comes around every year, I call the company in Tampa and someone there takes control of my computer and upgrades the program for another year.  It's a strange sensation to watch the cursor move with my touching anything.

1 comment:

  1. Been there, done that. "Where is that person, and what is he/she doing to my computer?!"

    ReplyDelete