Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lighthouses II

This is the most exciting time of year for Needle Nicely. Since I do about 60% of my annual business from February 1 through May 10th, I try to schedule the arrival of new merchandise from the last week in January through mid-February.

Yesterday I received the 4 new designs for Alice Peterson's stitch 'n zip eyeglass cases, cosmetic cases and coin purses. She has previously put out designs for Kindle cases and Tallis bags.

These are two of the brickcover canvases I received Monday from Kathy Schenkel Designs.

Sankaty lighthouse from Nantucket.

We have many winter visitors from Michigan, so I selected this canvas showing some of the lighthouses on lakes around Michigan.








Last year I did a trunk show from Anne Stradal Designs featuring her lighthouse canvases. She also has doorway designs and is currently designing and stitching dancers from "The Nutcracker" (http://thecapestitcher.blogspot.com). It's fascinating to watch the stitched canvases develop with Anne's choice of stitches and fibers.





This is Anne's Sanibel Island lighthouse design.














And another of our Florida lighthouses painted by Anne, the St. Augustine lighthouse.










And tomorrow, there will be more boxes filled with canvases!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm most fond of Anne's lighthouses - and the way she stitches them. My favorite, of course, is the St. Marks piece - my favorite "meditation" spot in North Florida.

    ReplyDelete