Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Go Milton, Fl, golfers

Sunday was a really marvelous Easter  I don't want to offend anyone, but my husband (a former alter boy) and myself spent the afternoon glued to the television watching the Masters'.  Bubba was my first choice and Rory was my 2nd.  I've been trying to remember how many years ago I found out about Boo, Bubba, and Heath.  They are 3 golfers from Milton, Fl, in the back of beyond in the Panhandle of Florida.  Boo was my favorite and he won several tournaments and was on the Ryder Cup several years ago.  Heath won one of the Fed Ex cup end of the year tournaments and did quite well 2 years ago.  And now Bubba has won the Masters'.  What are the statistical odds that 3 young men on a high school golf team in the back of beyond
 would eventually make the PGA tour and also win tournaments? 

The really wonderful thing was I had 3 people come in yesterday to talk with me about my favorite golfer, Bubba, and how wonderful it was that he had won the Masters'.  They thought I was a little weird, a needlepoint shop owner raving about 3 young golfers, but they thought I was brilliant yesterday after Bubba won a major.

No comments:

Post a Comment