Saturday, April 28, 2012

If the shoe fits...session 4

I've been steadily working on the background.  I did stitch the right-hand stocking, in the process straightening the stripes.  I decided that life was too short to worry with compensating on each stripe.  I used the t-stitch (or woven) using Balger holographic orange metallic and black fyrewerks.
And I wanted to show the back of the canvas so you could see how I handle jumping from one spot to another on a canvas.  Having the background stitched first makes this process much simpler.
I try to eliminate as much "hair" from the back of my canvas as I can,  Primarily because if it exists, I manage to pull it through to the front with my stitching.  And that's not a pretty sight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment