I'm making progress in several areas of my professional and stitching lives. This morning I had a long-distance conference with a representative of Constant Contact, a bulk email company. The Needle Nicely Newsletter now has a basic template and a logo header. I finally feel like I'm getting a grip on the process. He gave me my homework assignment of what I should try to accomplish before our next conference this coming Wednesday.
It has been a challenge to do the diagonal mosaic in the palm fronds. Sometimes continental stitch is the only option. You can see that I also did the basketweave for the sky that shows between the palm fronds. Life is definitely too short for me to try to continue the byzantine mosaic through those breaks in pattern. Not that I think anyone could discern the pattern if I had tried!