Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Palm frond slides, reshaped IV

I'm whipped!  I spent today looking at photographs of needlepoint canvases and deciding which ones to order for delivery February 1, 2013, in time for the "season".  This gives the artists some lead time in which to accomplish the painting of the canvases.  And also gives me time to worry about whether I have over- or under-ordered.  

In addition to being a top-notch needlepoint sales rep, Rondo is my font of knowledge concerning all things electronic--especially i-phones and i-pads.  He has done such a good job of utilizing both in the daily routines of order taking and placing.  Also, we got to catch up on the whereabouts of longtime friends--Ron has been my sales rep in Florida since the very early spring of 1982.  We've witnessed a lot of business ups and downs in that time.  

On the stitching front, I'm making progress on my palm fronds canvas.  After staring at the water for weeks, inspiration finally struck.  I settled on Byzantine #2 from Stitches to Go and am happy with the way it looks in the small space available. 

I also completed the diagonal mosaic on the palm fronds.  While I like the way the finished fronds look, I must confess that I would recommend that most stitches stick to the basketweave.  It proved quite challenging trying to maintain the rhythm of the diagonal mosaic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment