Saturday, July 5, 2014

Four trees ministocking

As a change of pace from the Susan Roberts Christmas tree on red canvas, I selected another of Pippin's ministockings on interlock canvas.  This one has 4 trees on it.




I have to chuckle to myself when I look at this--I just grabbed a green metallic and started stitching the basketweave on the background trees.  Then I looked into the bag of fibers and realized that I had selected the lighter green to stitch the darker trees.  Ah, well!  I'm a needle artist and versatile, so I'll do the darker metallic on the single tree in the foreground.  Anything to keep from frogging!  I'm stitching this entire mini-stocking in Balger metallic.  The top cuff area is done in the Byzantine mosaic.  In person, the pattern barely shows so I'm glad you can see it in the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment