I'm really pleased with the finished product. The red gussets totally make the purse!
Secondly, today was the occasion of moving my shop stitching stocking on the stretcher bars. I had completed everything I could before moving the canvas.
I finished stitching the black inside of the fireplace using DMC perle 5. Then I added the sparks from the fire in silk lame braid in Smyrna crosses and continental stitches. Next I finished the candlelight around the candle flames in two shades of DMC perle 5 in the Nobuko stitch. I also completed the last angel's robe along with the French knotted edging.
This is the unstitched portion of the bottom of the stocking left to stitch. I was disappointed to realize that I am about half done, because I can't forget that I still have to stitch the cuff with the name. One plus is that this half of the stocking doesn't have the details that I encountered in the top half.