Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Have a little heart, 4

Originally, I had intended to stitch a group of four of these heart canvases by Pippin, but after doing the math I realized that the pillow would be disproportionately long.  So I cut back to two canvases.

This is the finish of the 2nd canvas.  I completed the background using the diagonal mosaic.  There had been a small white block behind the heart that I covered up since I felt it was too choppy.  Not to mention that I didn't know what stitch to put there!  The white bubbles I did in a variation of the round Rhodes stitch.

I managed to palm off the background of the Silent Night canvas to Macy for her shop stitching.   I had planned to finish it last summer and didn't.  I have visions of other projects being finished by her speeding fingers.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing how you finish the hearts as a pillow. Your pillow finishes are always wonderful! And go, Turbo Fingers, Macy!

    ReplyDelete