Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Have a little heart

Jennifer Tan of Pippin Studio is known for her designs that show multiples of items, like 5 black dresses and 5 hearts.  These are a series of 4 individual heart canvases that are each 3" x 5 1/2".  At first, I thought about stitching all four and putting them in a framed pillow with fabric between each canvas. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that would be an awkward sized-pillow.  I guesstimate that it would be about 9 1/2" tall by 19" wide.  So, I rejected that plan and am settling on stitching two of the canvases for a finished pillow size of 9 1/2" by 11".



Stitching with silk 'n ivory, I started doing the slanted gobelin for the outer border.  I changed the border color to purple so that it will go better with the other canvas I have selected.  I did the boxes in alternating Scotch stitch.  I'm still studying the red of the heart, trying to think of an appropriate stitch.


1 comment:

  1. This canvas stitches up fairly quickly--you should be finished in no time!

    ReplyDelete