Before I show today's progress in stitching Noel, I want to remind everyone that I pulled the metallic fibers for stitching the ornaments from Needle Nicely's bag of leftover metallics from years of stitching models. This is particularly noticeable in the dark blue I used this week in stitching the first blue ornament. The metallic I used is actually much darker than what I would suggest to a customer, but I had an almost full spool of it. So I restrained my instinctive move to a more medium blue. The real disadvantage in using it for a project like this is that its darkness makes it difficult to discern the outlines of the stitch I used. But life goes on!
I started stitching the ribbon using Very Velvet and the mosaic stitch. There again, I knuckled under to noncomformity when I stitched the inside of the far left ornament loop--if I had stuck with the set-up repeat of the mosaic, the stitches inside the loop would have been all tent stitch. I opted to stick in one mosaic with a few tent stitches. I think the average eye will be fooled.