Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Noel, IV

The moment has arrived.  I had to start the woven stitch inside the ribbons.  What a nail-biting experience!  This was made even more complicated because the top of the center area is split by a large gold ornament, so I had two chances to screw up.  I made the count 4 times for the left-hand area.  Then I did the same for the right-hand area.  Still, my fingers are crossed that everything will mesh together in the end.

In an effort to catch up on stitching this canvas, I worked on two ornaments this week.  First, I did the turquoise and white ornament in tent stitch.  Next, I did the solid turquoise ornament in one of my new favorite stitch combinations--slanted gobelin over 2, 3 rows of basketweave, slanted gobelin over 2, etc.  Both of them were stitched using Kreinik metallic.  I've also been stitching on the background with a strand or two of Very Velvet ribbon thrown in for good measure.

1 comment:

  1. The slanted Gobelin/basketweave stripe combination is so simple but very effective!