Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Be merry, 5

I completed stitching the "Y" in the woven stitch.  I also continued with the background in basketweave, though it is difficult to detect my progress since the blue silk 'n ivory matches the painted background so closely.

On the bottom border, the repeat pattern of stitches continues with the pink satin stitch, the red fern stitch, the alternating Scotch stitch in greens, the lavendar fern stitch, and lastly the white slanted gobelin.

The peppermint stick has been started.  I've seen where peppermint sticks are padded.  I decided that I didn't want that raised effect, so I am doing a double strand of silk lame 18 in slanted gobelin, following the red and white stripes.  I am pleased with how it is turning out.

1 comment:

  1. It really is a colorful canvas. Your peppermint stripes look great!

    ReplyDelete