Saturday, June 4, 2016

Noel, XI

A wonderful thing happened Wednesday, June 1, when I was stitching on this.  I had finally reached a point on the inner woven stitch where I could count across the green ornament to see about stitching that little outpost to the right.  I managed to get the count right and started stitching that area.  Then, I thought about the outer border stitching; I counted over and discovered that miraculously I had managed to have it mesh up with the inner stitching.  Hallelujah!  Now on to wage more battles!

After considering stitch possibilities for the right-hand teal ornament, I broke down and stitched it in basketweave.  I think this is a perfect example of perhaps trying too hard to stitch everything in pattern stitches.  Sometimes it just isn't possible!
I now have miles of background to stitch and two very large ornaments.  I estimate that it will take me another month.  I can't wait to see if I'm right in that estimate!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't coming out even a wonderful moment?! The background, as seen in the close-up, really looks great. And I agree--"tricking out" everything just 'cause is sometimes an exercise in futility. The teal ornament is perfect.

    ReplyDelete