Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Be Merry, 10

Ah, delight!   After today's stitching, I have finished 9" out of 16".  So finally this afternoon I was able to move the canvas.  Here's what I have accomplished (including doing the French knots on an R and finishing the French knots on a red stripe).
 I finished the blue/white chevrons on the E; the French knots on the R; the missing red stitches on the Victorian step stitch and the diagonal mosaic stripe (again finishing those French knots); then the straight gobelin in pink and the red fern stitch.  Not to mention the continuation of the peppermint stick. Whew!  When I concentrate, I can actually accomplish a lot of stitching.

I wanted to show you what I do when I am stitching a canvas linearly.  Rather than moving forward and stitching the short bits in my needle, dumping them into my bag of fibers, or wrapping them around the original cards, I stitch them through the blank canvas on the sides of the canvas.  This is the end of the canvas to the left of the frame.  Today when I moved the frame, I also moved these fibers to the blank canvas to the right of the frame.  I do this because I don't like coming up in a hole with yarn--go down in the hole makes a prettier stitch.  So I don't stitch something until I come to it.


1 comment:

  1. Looks terrific, Mary Agnes--keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete