Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Shop Customer Stitching

I will differentiate this project from my home customer stitching (the Jalapeno Santa stocking) by referring to it as my "Customer Stitching", while this will become my "Shop Customer Stitching".

This canvas is a doorstop designed by Village Needlecraft on 18mesh canvas.



  I am stitching the bottom basket area in the woven stitch using DMC perle #5.
Because this is 18mesh, even doing a pattern stitch, I'm going to be doing woven stitch for a looong time.  I'll try to vary it by throwing in a flower or leaf, but the basket is my life!

I don't usually show canvases that our in-house painter does for customers, but I must show this one.  It is so unusual and magnificent.  This will be made into  man's wallet.  It will be a gift from our customer to her father-in-law.  We had to paint it on congress cloth to be able to reproduce the signature of the Secretary of the Treasury so that it would be readable.
Can't wait to see it stitched!

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of detail in that dollar bill, and George never looked better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine trying to stitch that bill! I hope we get to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete