Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Canvases from Copy Painting Services

Many needlepointers are unaware of the presence of professional copy painters of needlepoint canvases.  It was a phenomenon that developed about 15-20 years ago.  Canvases are now painted in the Philippines, mainland China, and the United States, by companies whose sole purpose is to produce copies of the canvases sent to them by needlepoint designers.  In the past there have also been (and may still be) companies in Haiti and Mexico (Petei notably used Mexico, Trubey taught painters in Haiti and sent designs there for years).  

Needle Nicely, as a by-product of having Trubey as its owner, developed in-house designs.  Trubey brought two people with us from Blowing Rock, NC, to assist her in helping her paint her wholesale line.  They also produced copies of the Needle Nicely designs; which, when I purchased Needle Nicely, were considered part of the business since I had participated so much in their development. Trubey was preoccupied with her developing wholesale business, so I located a company doing copy painting (Susan Treglown Designs).

Another thing not widely known is that some designers and copy painters specialize in stitch counted designs.  These range from sayings to more elegant designs.  Many of Needle Nicely's designs are stitch counted, so Susan Treglown as a copy painter was a perfect choice for us.  Examples of non-stitch painted (free-form painting) designs are those by Edie & Ginger, Strictly Christmas, and Barbara Eyre.  NOTE:  Stitch painted canvases have the intersection of the threads painted.  It isn't a graceful swoop of the brush, but a stitch-by-stitch progression on the canvas.

Years ago, designers did their own copy painting or had in-house painters.  Sometimes after wholesale markets, there would be a wait of 6 to 12 months.  I vividly remember the first market where Painted Pony, A Collection of Design; and a third designer who was a friend of theirs shared one booth.  If my memory is correct, each designer had one wall (the 4th being the aisle and entrance to the booth). They had such fresh-looking designs, they were the hit of the market.  It was almost impossible to place an order.  I heard later that one of the designers shipped the last orders when she left home for the next year's market!  She was so new, but she was determined to paint everything people had ordered before she went to market to take more orders.

I was reminded of this change in production today when I received a shipment from The Meredith Collection with some new designs for Needle Nicely.  More about them Saturday.

11 comments:

  1. As the sole stitch-painter of my own designs, I'm acutely aware of the difference between stitch-painted and "swoop." The latter may be just fine for more experienced stitchers, who don't mind making the decision of when a certain color thread goes on a stitch--or not. Someone newer to the NP world might do better sticking to clearer roadmaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the best High quality painting brands in Adelaide. I wanted my home to be painted and i have called marks painting, the team has arrived on time and painted my home really well. The team is professional and discipline at their work. Well done guys you have done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an entrepreneur and keeping my office up to date is one of the most expensive things I have to spend on. Thankfully recently I got to know about New Look Painting and asked them to re-paint the interiors of my office. The job was done promptly and I was bowled over by the customer service. My office is not that big yet my job was taken very seriously. I am really impressed with their skills and services.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly like your composition style, awesome data, thankyou for posting. Source: Painting services London

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing such valuable information. I am very thankful to you that you had given me this opportunity to write on this blog. Please visit the best AC Repair helpline website I assure you that it will be very useful for our website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one.

    Chair Repair Service

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing such valuable information. I am very thankful to you that you had given me this opportunity to write on this blog. Please visit our helpline website I assure you that it will be very useful for our website. Click Here:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a wonderful post and very helpful, thanks for all this information. You are including better information regarding this topic in an effective way.Thank you so much If you want leads for Refrigerator repair visit our website now

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice information for me and others also because all content is too much relevant and informative for all of us....if you want to lead formobile repair bazzarvisit our websites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Blog and great post learn here and visit how to book Best AC Repair in Dubai. Thank you

    ReplyDelete