Saturday, August 6, 2011

Flamingos finishing touches

My progress was stymied by a compensating error in the background stitch to the left of the blue flamingo's beak and neck.  Mumble, mumble.  There are just some days when counting doesn't come easily!  I worked on something else for several days before going back and correcting my mistake. 


I used the Interlocking Gobelin on the wing and the cheek of the small pink flamingo.  It provided a nice contrast to the Diagonal Mosaic I used for the rest of the body. 

It was a surprise how much time it took to finish stitching this.  I had conveniently forgotten that I hadn't finished stitching the Milanese stitch on the head and neck of the large pink flamingo.  But now it's satisfying to sit and admire the finished product. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a great finish! Definitely a colorful canvas--decided yet how to finish it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I love how the different stitches make the flamingos seem to 'pop' out of the canvas!

    ReplyDelete