Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Needlepoint cuff class, Bright colors done

What an emotional roller coaster of a weekend--wondering where Hurricane Irene would decide to go.  I called my pillow finisher Monday morning to ask her to delay shipping my finished items until Irene had passed through.  Then Tuesday morning I called her again to give the all clear.  I'm reminded that just before Katrina hit New Orleans, I shipped a finished belt to a customer in the Midwest.  Little did I realize that the package went from Vero to Miami to New Orleans and was to go on to the customer.  Katrina reached New Orleans hours after the belt and it took UPS 2 months to redirect the package and deliver it undamaged.

While it's a relief that Florida has escaped Irene, there is always concern for the people whose lives will be affected by her.  May she continue to swing to the East and perhaps miss land totally.

I managed to finish the bright colors edition of my needlepoint cuff bracelet.  I apologize for the blurriness of this photograph.  I'll try to do better when I show the "finished" bracelet.  (I've changed the photo)



I followed Anne's advice and used the aqua as a filler with the lime green.  I'm pleased with the overall effect.

While still admiring the bright colors, I started a monochromatic version in black, greys, and whites.  I'll show the finished product next week.





It's always interesting to see how different color combinations produce different effects.  I'm hoping to finish the b/g/w (black/greys/whites) combination and start another color family by next week. 

EDIT:  After viewing the photos this evening, I've decided to replace them tomorrow with (one hopes) clearer images.  I apologize for the inconvenience. 

3 comments:

  1. Not to worry. There's a learning curve with taking photos for the Internet. You'll get better. We are looking forward to the better photos, though. The cuff bracelet piece is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Think a novice can manage it? Can't wait to see the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you consider adding a tad of red to the monochromatic version, just to give it a little zip?

    ReplyDelete