Friday, December 9, 2011

First Blogiversary!

I can't believe how much I've learned about various aspects of technology in the past year.  Also, it has been wonderful to discover how helpful and welcoming people in "blogdom" can be.  And a tip of the glass to many more years.

On November 7, 2011, Laura J. Perin blogged about a mini-mystery design (two-handed stitcher).  I stitched this on 18m canvas and blogged about it on November 25, 26, and 27.  Then I thought about how it would look on 13m canvas. 


I apologize for the colors shown here--my camera still hasn't returned from its repair visit to Canon and this is the scan I did.  I haven't mastered tweaking colors on a scan like I have on my camera.  I do promise to photograph this when life returns to normal, i.e., I get my camera back.  (And I certainly never thought I'd say something like that about a camera pre-blog!) 

On 13m canvas this is almost 5 1/2" square.  I stitched it with 2-ply watercolors and used 2 shades of DMC perle 3 and 1 of sparkle rays.  I am toying with ways to enlarge it even further and will show my progress here.  Again, thanks to Laura for offering the mini-mystery.  It has been enjoyable.


3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!

    Truthfully, I get better detail with my scanner than my camera but I don't have an expensive camera with a fancy macro lens.

    Hope your camera is home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Laura Perin piece turned out nicely on 13 ct.
    Happy First Blog Anniversary! Here's to many more posts from Vero Beach and lovely stitched ocean related pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to many, many more years of Needle Nicely blogging!

    ReplyDelete