Saturday, December 31, 2011
Leaf medallion class, part 3
I've been trying to fill in missing stitches so I can get the effect of my color selections. To my dismay, I discovered that the top area of the Diagonal stitch with mosaic omits the mosaic stitches on the outer edge. It actually looks good and is a variation to keep in mind, but consistency is what I'm looking for.
I received my cucumber silk 'n ivory and used it to fill in the central medallion area with long stitches and around some of the corner hearts with basketweave. I've also started basketweaving around the tied windmill stitches. I also did the tied stitch in the lavendar sparkle rays.
I'm really pleased with the progress I'm making and look forward to see what next week produces.
May we all have a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!
Edit: Make that the inner edge of the Diagonal stitch with mosaic being incorrect.