Saturday, April 27, 2013

Two-sided Santa, 2

Originally I tried a fake boullion stitch for half of Santa's mustache.  It looked really weak so I cut it out.  After studying what I had done for his eyebrows, I decided that was a good look for his mustache.  And I think it works.

His cape is the Byzantine mosaic stitch done in a bright red petite very velvet.  His gloves and the front of his robe is done in the mosaic stitch, again using petite very velvet.  The gold accents and trim are Balger metallic in continental stitch. 

I continued doing the trim in French knots using 2-ply kit kin (also called whisper).

1 comment: