Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Starfish garland, IV

Here is my finished teal starfish.  I am almost finished with the next in this series--in orange.
This is stitched in the patio cashmere stitch using silk 'n ivory and petite sparkle rays. I have one more hot pink starfish yet to stitch before I send them to my ornament finisher.  When I receive them back from her, I'll work on the cording and assembly.

Last week I went to "the beach" to the Gifted Cook, a wonderful cookware shop, where I purchased some cookie cutters in various shapes, including turtles, cats and dogs.  This is the seahorse one.  I'll be using some of these cutters to make templates for more garlands.
Yesterday I received an email inventory of the current stock of Saco River's Paternayan yarn.  After going through it, I called in an order.  Donna who I dealt with when she worked for Paternayan and who now works for Saco River, remarked that I must have bare walls.  Well, it has been a while since most of the colors have been available.  Though many of my customers have gone North for the summer, I still have demand for Paternayan.  It will be nice when all of the colors are reliably available. 


  1. Looking forward to your finished garlands--the sea horse is neat!

  2. I'm reading these backwards so I am thinking about thinking outside the box when I see you using cookie cutters this way. I once used a teddy cookie cutter to make appliques for a cross stitch afghan. I used fusible web, embroidered faces on the teddies and blanket stitched around the edges of the applique. Cookie cutters make the best templates!