Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Two finished ornaments, some bargello, and more new canvases

I just received these finished ornaments.  The first is a mini-stocking from Pippin Studio.
 
The other is this  carved oval monogram. It's so pretty in person.  The Needle Nicely studio did the calligraphy.
In shop stitching, I've been working with Dottie on several class projects that she is trying to finish up from various national classes and clubs in which she has participated.  As I've said before, these are a learning experience for both of us--it was with Dottie that I learned how to felt on canvas and today I did part of a raised leaf stitch in ribbon to demonstrate to her how easy it really was.  I'm happy to say she was convinced!

 I'm also setting up  a chair seat for a customer.  She wants me to establish the borders of the design for her to follow in completing the pattern.  I see several more hours of bargello in my future.  (This is an adaptation of a bargello pattern seen in the November/December 2014 Needlepoint Now magazine).
Today's new canvases are designs by Ewe and Eye and Maggie Co.  Bless Gail and Maggie for combining their shipments so I only had one shipping charge.  Such small favors add to the bottom line!  These bird houses are from Ewe and Eye.
This barnyard animal tableau is quite appealing.  I've been trying to mentally come up with different stitches to indicate the coats/feathers of the various creatures.
 This geometric from Maggie is also available in other colorways.  The intricacy of the elements appeals to me.
 And we must have some humor from Maggie Co.
I must acknowledge the passing of Adele Colt, a former employee of Needle Nicely.  My heart is sad, though I know she was suffering and is now at peace with her beloved husband.  I'm selfish enough to miss our conversations.


1 comment: