I robbed the Needle Nicely leftover fiber cabinet (items from years of shop models) for the metallics I am using in stitching this. I got caught when I thought I had enough red metallic on one spool to finish that small red and gold ornament peeking out to the right of the large gold ornament. Wrong! I needed about 8 more stitches to complete it--and of course, my other red metallic was a totally different dye lot. I really hate picking out and metallic is one of the fibers that is the least fun to take out. I couldn't think of a stitch to fit on that red ornament so I did basketweave. Next to it, I stitched the green tree ornament. The white is basketweave, the center of the trees is continental with an alternating slanted gobelin for the sides of the tree. The red stitches are slanted gobelin over 2 with a continental stitch in the middle.
I'm getting close to the moment of truth about whether the two sides of the woven stitch will match up. The tension mounts!