This week I've been stitching madly on Fifi, the bombshell in the middle of the canvas. I originally thought she didn't have much area to stitch and I would have a chance to catch up on the blank spots in the first 2 ladies. Not a chance. Of course, some stitches take longer to do than others. Or longer to figure out how to do their compensating stitches.
I can't wait to finish Fifi's hair--I got started just so I could see how it would look. I did 6 strands of splendor in French knots wrapped twice. This produces a larger, splattier knot that is perfect for the look I wanted. Her "ear-bobs" (a Southernism) are Satin Stitch in Petite Sparkle Rays.
Her collar is done in the mosaic stitch and her jacket is the Milanese. Talk about a tough stitch to figure out how it fits in odd corners. Whoopee! I think I got it right, but I'm not looking too hard to find a mistake.
I got the idea for her blouse stitch from Anne Stradal's blog
http://www.thecapestitcher.blogspot.com/. She used the Cashmere stitch horizontally to simulate water. I decided to use it vertically for a silk camisole-look.