Saturday, March 23, 2013

Wimpy women


 
I am a fan of Jeopardy.  I have watched it for years.  I watched it 40 (I think) years ago with Art Fleming, who I really didn't like--too smarmy.  In those days I lived in small towns where I had no chance of becoming a contestant and it is one of the frustrations of my life that now that there is the internet and I can try to qualify on-line, I am older and my reflexes are slower.  Sigh.  Ah, well, but I keep on clicking.

Monday night (3/18/2013), I reached the extent of my patience.  I am really weary of women who manage to qualify for Jeopardy and then wimp out.  There is no other word for it.  Why would you be there if you didn't intend to bet enough to win?  Women on Jeopardy consistently make wimpy bets.  Get over it!  Why are you there?  This is your chance in the sun--you ain't getting a call-back.  Why don't these women figure out ahead of time that they need to "bet the ranch"?  If they did their homework and watched previous Jeopardy programs, they would notice the pattern--women wimp out. And the male contestants have figured it out and continue winning. Because they bet to win, not to lose.  Women seem to bet to lose, or even worse, finish in 2nd place.

So, if I ever manage to appear on Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune, I can guarantee that I will bet the ranch because this is my one shot to be there and, win or lose, this is my best shot at winning.  I'm all in, baby!


2 comments: