Saturday, December 12, 2015

Shop stitching--RUSH job 14

The flooring of the stocking was painted in varying widths of board, some as wide as 6 stitches.  I felt that would put too many long stitches at the bottom of the stocking where they would be vulnerable to snagging.  So in an executive decision, I decided to do slanted gobelin over 3 threads using impressions.  Now the boards look a tad skinny, but I feel they are safer for the life of the stocking.  This photograph shows the original painting.
Here you can see how the stitching turned out.
I stitched the candy canes in a gobelin over 2 threads using Kreinik metallic.  I took a second shot at the dots on the sparkly green package, this time selected DMC perle #5 for the French knots.  Much more in proportion to the package.  I've also been pecking away at Santa's sack.  It seems to go on forever!

1 comment:

  1. The floor boards look great and the baby buggy looks terrific! You're almost there--keep with it!

    ReplyDelete