Saturday, December 19, 2015
Shop stitching--RUSH job 16
Next I tackled the teddy bear. I had been tossing a coin between doing him in basketweave or French knots. The basketweave won and I am pleased with how he looks. The fiber I used was alpaca 18.
The horn was another procrastination item. I did it in Kreinik metallic. I did the shading in a brown gold metallic combination and it didn't show up enough against the ribbon on the blue package so I selected a darker version and overstitched that thin line of demarcation. I also did the same thing on the lower hand piece of the horn.
When I grew up, I had 3 older brothers and one younger brother (and another 2 younger brothers and sisters--large family). Anyway, I thought dolls were sissy and would only play with my brothers' toys. On this stocking I thought the doll's face was hideous and kept avoiding it. It was the absolute last thing I stitched. I'm not pleased with my new version of the doll's face, but I like it better than the bug-eyed original (sorry, Rebecca!). I changed the gold trim on the dress to hot pink metallic. The dress was stitched in two shades of DMC perle #5 in the basketweave stitch. The doll's hair is watercolors done in a bullion stitch.
All that remains is the top portion of the stocking that contains the name. Time's a'wasting!!