Saturday, April 16, 2016

spool ornaments, 2 1/4

This past week, Needle Nicely had a sale celebrating its 35th year in Vero Beach.  It was such a success that my shop stitching time was tiny.  I only managed to locate the perle for stitching the angel's face from the shop "stash".  I did start her face using the diagonal mosaic in DMC perle #5.
 If you look closely near her chin line, you will see the end of my waste thread--I didn't knot it, so I can't call it a waste knot.

Vero Beach's population  dropped drastically March 31 when the majority of renters left town (most rentals are from Jan 1 through March 31).  The next batch of renters left yesterday, renting from Jan 15 through April 15.  If you've ever been anywhere near I-95 on either of those dates, you know it is the worst place in the world to be.  On March 31 and April 1, it is almost bumper-to-bumper traffic out of Florida, through Georgia, and then places North.  If I were a March 31 renter, I would take a motel room for two days before I started the drive North.  Much easier on the blood pressure!

1 comment:

  1. The good news/ bad news in Vero is that the renters are leaving. The bad news on my end is that they're coming back. No more left turns on the Cape if you value your life and vehicle!

    ReplyDelete