Saturday, April 2, 2016

Spool ornaments, 2

I have finished the stripes on the main body of the angel spool canvas.  I also completed the bottom border using Kreinik metallic in the slanted gobelin stitch.  The top border was also stitched in the slanted gobelin, but fitting into the half-diamond shape.

On another topic, I always put my canvases in the "gutter" of the frame as opposed to putting it on top of the frame.  I do this for several reasons:  1) it protects your stitching (especially pattern-stitches) if you are traveling with your needlepoint 2) it allows you to begin and end your threads without hitting the wood of the frame.  This is what it looks like:

No comments:

Post a Comment