Sunday, April 17, 2011

5 stylish ladies

Now that the season is winding down, it's time for me to start deciding what I'll stitch during the summer months when the pace in Vero slows down (there are some who quip that it is going from dull to duller--teenagers have been known to refer to it as "Zero" Beach).  Of course, I have several projects that need finishing, such as "Lady Chef".  Their chance will come (I hope!).  And I want to do more playing with the heat-applied crystals.  So much stitching, so little time!

My first project will be a canvas by Lee that I call "5 stylish ladies".  I plan to discuss each lady separately, with additional entries for the background stitches.  I usually start stitching with the background, or whatever is in the upper right-hand corner.  Here, I start the top background using the Byzantine Scotch stitch.  I'm not always going to stay true to the colors that are painted.  I'm using 4-plies of Splendor for most of the stitching.


This canvas was designed as a purse insert, but I intend to use it as an insert in the 10x10 Sudberry tray. 

1 comment:

  1. Neat background stitch! It will be interesting to see how it interacts with the "ladies'" attire.

    ReplyDelete