Saturday, February 18, 2012

Package address quiz, anyone?

In my attempt to be fiscally responsible (i.e., quit buying canvases like a drunken sailor), I tried to limit the amount of canvases I ordered for the season.  So some of my designers are mailing me the canvases rather than using FedEx or UPS.  Actually, I've been using the post office for the last year or so because their rates are cheaper than the other two mentioned shippers.  Anyway, the point of this is that my mailman has picked up on my increased mailings from designers and now we have a "name the designer" quiz when he walks into the shop.  He tells me the postmarked town/city and I have to guess who mailed it.  Thank goodness he doesn't confiscate the merchandise if I am incorrect (who knew Zecca was in East Barrington, MA?  not me, for sure).  Does this give you a feel for just how small a town Vero Beach is?  Don't sneeze because everyone in town will know you have a cold!!

And since I mentioned Zecca, here are several canvases I received from Karen this week.


These are for Lee's luggage tags or their purse mirrors or purses or just for a fun scissor fob or ornament.

In the past year or two I've had several inquiries about backgammon board canvases.  This beauty also includes canvases for the dice containers (what are they called again?).  Karen's designs are so bright and refreshing.


Obviously I will not be quitting my day job to become a photographer.  Still, the design manages to shine through.

And for one of my all-time favorite new acquisitions:



Yes, a yellow ducky tape measure.  While you can't bathe with it, it is fun to play with!  What will they come up with next?  

I'll be posting tomorrow or Monday so I can keep up with the new canvas arrivals.  And as an aside, someone has already purchased one of the canvases I pictured on Wednesday.  And in a gotcha, of course it's the canvas I was planning to blogstitch this summer.  Hmmm.  Will the demon order another or be a good girl and select another canvas to blogstitch?  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. If a canvas called to you, I say replace it with another of the same. Unless of course you manage to fall for another new canvas. Like boys, there's always another one that catches you eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jane. I'm going to hold "my powder" on this one to see what others think--Mary Agnes

    ReplyDelete